We are looking for an Advanced Supplier Quality Engineer for our multinational partner, who is a well-known manufacturer of car audio, automotive navigation systems, AutoPCs, visual equipment, bus equipment, and communication equipment. The partner has recently won more OEM projects, so the professional challenges are guaranteed! This function is currently being moved to the Hungarian plant from the foreign central office.
Advanced supplier quality engineer
The main scope is to manage APQP of purchased parts during the Project Development phase, until PPAP closure & handover to Serial life.
Responsibilities / Main Mission:
APQP Management during Development phase:
- Deploy APQP in Development phase for Purchased Parts.
- Define Product/Process risk and supplier risk.
- Ensure that suppliers planned to be sourced, respect Mandatory rules and Audit criteria.
- Get Feasibility Commitment signs off for sourcing and for change implementation.
- Define Supplier APQP plan with objectives, key milestones, deliverables, [email protected] and PPAP planning, resources & supports needs.
- Monthly review of the supplier APQP Plan and keep it up-to-date.
- Track supplier to realize all deliverables/readiness according to APQP plan
- Participate in Design Review Meeting and ECR Meeting, related to Purchased parts.
- Facilitate exchanges between internal functions and suppliers for all purchased parts related to APQP / PPAP topics
- Escalate Alerts on Purchased parts to Program and Management
- Support suppliers for 8D completion
- Train suppliers and make sure that the defined standards are properly applied (APQP elements, ePPAP system)
- Ensure mandatory deliverables from Supplier Quality for internal Project Management System (PMS) milestones are on-time every time.
- Use of Lessons learned from prior programs, as input to SNC
Run @ Rate & Process Audit:
- Manage Process Qualification at Supplier (FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, Capability, Quality Basics implementation)
- Conduct FOTP, [email protected] and Process Audit for High and Medium risk components, to ensure Supplier Quality & Capacity.
- Responsible for PPAP construction & new parts Approval during the Development phase.
- Coordinate with Program Development & Quality Leaders to ensure all requirements from suppliers are fulfilled towards PPAP of the final product to Customer.
Transition to series:
- Ensure that All documentations are up-to-date for Transfer to Serial
- Ensure that Incoming Inspection instructions integrate control means according to supplier’s Control Plan.
- Transfer lessons learnt & part history from the development phase to serial.
The ideal candidate shall have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Mechatronics / Electronics Engineering.
- Min. 5 Years of experience in Automotive industry, preferably in Quality / Supplier Management
- Hands-on experience in managing APQP, PPAP, Process Audits, [email protected]
- Working experience with quality elements like FMEA, Control Plan, MSA/Gauge R&R, Capability, SPC…
- Working experience in problem-solving tools like 8D, 5Why, Ishikawa, Pareto, Six Sigma
- Proven technical skills in product and process in an industrial environment
- Skills and competencies:
- Fluent English is a must. Another 3rd language is an advantage,
- Good communication and presentation skills,
- Efficient Planning and organization skills,
- Ability to work autonomously & in a matrix organization,
- Team player
- Open mindset for challenges with a can-do attitude
- Standard PC software knowledge (MS Office, etc.) and comfortable with digital tools,
- Flexibility for business travel, (10 to 20%)
- good salary package
- constant professional challenges (and support of course!)
- real international experience (working in matrix-teams)
- high-tech machinery