Accounts Payable Accountant - Travel and Expense
Exciting Opportunity for an Accounts Payable Accountant – Travel & Expense!
We are inviting you to join Howden and become a trusted and valued member of our Accounts Payable Accounting team, which is based in the Budapest Shared Service Centre. As a part of this vital team, you will have the opportunity to support numerous exciting projects in addition to your day-to-day tasks and engage in exciting and challenging work that will help you develop your skills and expertise.
In this role, on top of the operational tasks – you will take part in the daily life of the company’s T&E and provide support to the T&E Expert and the Team Supervisor, as the first point of contact for T&E related queries. This role is key not just within the Accounts Payable department but the whole organization, and requires good understanding of the E2E T&E activities. More specifically, your tasks will involve:
- Process Employee expenses
- Create payments and check the payment process
- Reconciliation of the relevant AP accounts and credit card transactions
- Assist with periodical financial and KPI/SLA reports regarding to the T&E activities.
- Ensure that set KPI and SLA targets are met.
- Keep SOP-s up-to-date, support the standardisation ideas in the team
- Be the escalation point of queries
- Send out reminders to employees
- Analyse the trends, the number of expense claims, and help to reorganize the team tasks, participate in implementation of daily floor management of the Expense Team.
- Ensure the T&E process has the required financial controls that are compliant with SOX, other regulatory and company policies requirements
- Manage ad –hoc requests coming from the Supervisor
- Control, coordinate process transition projects
- Support on-the-job trainings and the integration of new team members
- Inform senior management of any irregularities or concerns
This is a permanent position working Monday to Friday. We offer hybrid working for this role which will allow you to enjoy the balance of home working and collaboration time with the team in our modern, friendly offices.
Who are we?
Howden is a leading global engineering business who focuses on providing mission-critical air and gas handling products to our clients, helping them to increase their environmental and operational efficiencies. At Howden, we recognise the value of people and truly believe that by working together, aligned to a common purpose, we all have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a difference.
The company’s Shared Service Centre was launched in 2015 and employs more than 140 people who provide support in Finance, Procurement, Logistic, Data & BI, and IT.
- Excellent benefits: competitive salary and cafeteria package, Private Medical Services, Group Life, Accident and Health insurance, home office allowance, extra holidays, different recognition items linked to the service time, Well-being initiatives
- Development Opportunities: constant learning opportunities, free e-learning courses, the possibility of internal position changes and the chance to shape your own career
- Flexible and supportive working environment: opportunity of hybrid way of working, which helps you to find your balance between your corporate and private life
- Global diverse community where people can support and learn from each other, celebrate successes and have fun in team buildings and programs.
- Opportunity to be involved in our ESG “Bright Future” initiatives
Our Ideal Candidate
- Positive attitude focusing on solutions and improvements
- Knowledge of expense processes / Financial background is an advantage but not required
- Experience and understanding of major ERP systems is an advantage but not required
- Fluency in English, good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, MS Office knowledge, especially in Excel
- Attention to details and accurate data management
- Customer focused, team player
- Finance, Accounting
- Business Supporting Centres
- Financial Support