AML Investigations Team Lead
We are looking for a capable AML Investigations Team Lead to help us to lead the AML Investigations team in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, develop a high-performing team and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
As AML Investigations Team Lead you’re an AML subject matter expert and people's lead with a mindset that enables you to build processes putting our customers first, while being aware of the risks surrounding the industry, specific products and requirements set to us by regulations and partners. Having in mind the development of the service level and globalisation of Wise, you’ll provide visibility, guarantee collaboration and opportunities to improve the state and scalability of AML investigations, making sure we’re compliant in our processes and the product, as well as forecasting required resources.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the AML Investigations team:
- Hire, lead, develop and manage an AML Investigations team, including amongst others administrative tasks such as scheduling, interviewing, hiring, organising team activities etc.
- Measure team's KPIs and plan capacity
- Develop effective operational processes, task allocation, training and performance management to deliver regulatory obligations, risk management and great customer experience with a tightly managed cost base
- Be accountable for quality assurance of AML Investigations team, taking decisions within our policy framework and working with compliance to evolve both our policies and processes
- Understand and manage training for the team on our regulatory obligations and how our policies fulfill them
- Represent the policies and processes to regulators and auditors
- Communicate with customers as required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of decisions and policies
- Work with product teams, customer support and across compliance to contribute to ensuring product compliance to regulations, manage operational impact of changes and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience, increase automation or improve operational efficiencies
- Identify compliance risk, evaluate business customers and contribute to implementing policies, operational processes and product changes as needed.
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent, additional language skill is a plus
- You have previous team leading experience
- Work experience in the financial sector or similar, AML or financial crime experience is a plus
- You can multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations
- You have ability to build and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- You have great communication and presentations skills to assist on internal and external projects and audits
- You have a good understanding of and ability to analyse and move team’s metrics, while assisting different area specialists
- You have proven track record of taking ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player
- You’re legally authorised to work in Europe/Hungary.
- Bank, Insurance, Brokering
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- IT, Telecom Manager
- Finance, Accounting
- Analyst, Advisor
- 1-3 years professional experience
- High school degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
How to apply/ contact information:
If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English, and answering the application questions.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Apply via "Jelentkezem" button underneath!