Agricultural Economist / Agri-food Policy Junior Technical Officer
FAO is the leading UN agency in terms of providing support for agriculture and rural development, forestry and fisheries. The Junior Technical Officer (JTO) will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Assistant Director-General/Regional Representative for Europe and Central Asia (REU), the technical guidance and supervision of the Agrifood Economist, and in close collaboration with other FAO officers as required. He/she will provide technical analysis and support to FAO programmes in support to the Sustainable Development Goals from the perspective of agricultural economics and food systems.
Főbb feladatok, munkák:
- Assist in monitoring socio-economic indicators, policy developments and economic, social and environmental trends in Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia that relate to agriculture, agricultural trade, and rural development, and assist in providing advice on these matters to member countries;
- Contribute to and assist in the development of project ideas, and in the preparation of draft project proposals in the area of agricultural policy assistance, policy analysis and healthy and sustainable food systems;
- Contribute and assist in the development of country and regional strategies for FAO in the region;
- Assist in the planning, implementation and monitoring of FAO’s Regional Initiative for Improving Agri-food trade and market integration, and related Strategic Programmes;
- Contribute and assist in the elaboration of sector reviews and backstopping of programmes and projects, including review and formulation of FAO Technical Cooperation Programme projects;
- Contribute to and assist in development and implementation of socio-economic research projects for the region, including poverty studies, farm survey studies and background research on agricultural reforms and economic transition issues;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Az álláshoz tartozó elvárások:
- Advanced university degree in agricultural economics, development studies or related fields;
- At least one year of relevant work experience (PhD studies can substitute for work experience);
- Working knowledge of English, and a limited knowledge of a second FAO official language (French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Arabic);
- Demonstrated analytical research ability, as shown in research papers or articles.
- Quality of both written and oral communication skills;
- Professionalism, including the ability to work under pressure and under politically sensitive settings;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Respect for the principles of the United Nations Charter and FAO's Mission Statement.
- Duration: Two years full time non-renewable contract
- Gross salary 335.000 HUF + salary supplement: 115.000 HUF/month (net)
- Earliest start: 01 February 2021
Állás, munka területe(i):
- Mezőgazdaság, Környezet
- Mezőgazdaság, Élelmiszeripar
- 1-3 év szakmai tapasztalat
- Angol (Felsőfok/tárgyalóképes szint)
- Teljes munkaidő
1054 Budapest, Kálmán Imre utca 20.
Please send your application only by email, to Ms Ágnes Sarkadi-Szabó. You are requested to attach the following documents: CV with your job experience, school certificate, certificate of language skills. A certificate of good conduct (erkölcsi bizonyítvány) will be required for employment.
For further questions about the position please contact Ms Ágnes Sarkadi-Szabó, at the Ministry of Agriculture, Department of EU and FAO Affairs, telephone: 1-795-2360.