Accounts receivable specialist
Howden is a world-class engineering company with a proud heritage and a desire to be the world's leading application engineering company providing high quality solutions in air and gas handling products and services to the power, oil & gas, mining and petrochemical industries. With 6,000 employees in 27 countries, we are undergoing a period of significant business growth. The company’s Shared Service Centre was launched in 2015, which is located in Budapest.
The Howden Global Business Service Centre employs more than 120 people who provides support in Finance, IT, Procurement and Business Solutions. Howden offers complex and challenging jobs, a great work environment, competitive salaries and an opportunity to develop and implement your previous training to your daily work. Innovative and agile, we are looking for talent to grow with us in the following role:
Accounts Receivable Accountant
What needs to be done?
- Cash application - booking payments in a timely manner
- Chasing payment in accordance with defined credit management policy: sending out reminders and statements
- Cash collection and customer query management
- Credit risk assessment and management
- Report all unusual, non-standard events & requests to the team leader
- Become familiar with each business units’ processes in order to ensure the effectivity and efficiency
- Get involved in AR process related decisions
- Take part in process improvements and related projects
- Give process trainings to the new joiners
- Develop a good relationship with cross-functional teams (e.g. AP, FA, IT)
- University or college degree
- Very good knowledge of finance processes
- Experience and understanding of major ERP systems
- Fluency in English (any additional European language is an advantage)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-confidence, accuracy
- Proactive, solution focus mindset
- Strong Excel skills
What we offer:
- Work-life balance (weekly 3-days home office, extra Holidays)
- Challenging day-to-day responsibilities
- Easily reachable and brand-new work location at Corvin Negyed
- A supportive and developing work environment (several training opportunities, team building events, future career perspectives)
- The chance to create and contribute in process development (we are in the middle of several standardisation processes and are always open to suggestions/proposals)
- Competitive salary with cafeteria option
Worldwide business – Liaise with our colleagues in 27 countries
We offer global and local opportunities– 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments – You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with our digital solutions.
At Howden we have a strong corporate identity and purpose – You will be a member of our team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet.
Our products and organisation are Revolving Around You™ – Our culture promotes individual development to enhance our most important asset – our people.
- Business Supporting Centres
- Financial Support