When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality, and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Accounts Receivable Representative II Italian
As the Credit and Collection Team, our main role is to support business growth while mitigating the financial risk to Thermo Fisher Scientific by timely collection of debt on the allocated portfolio of customers.
In this position, you would be responsible for the calculation, approval, and maintenance of credit limits for new and/or existing customer accounts. The team performs regular order hold review and support the decision-making process for order release.
As an Analyst, you will be responsible for keeping your no-touch account to a minimum, contributing to process improvement ideas, and driving operations-related engagements with stakeholders.
Are you a candidate with excellent rapport-building ability, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability and passion to achieve critical metrics? We are looking for you!
- We analyze our customers' financial status for terms of sale and appropriate credit limits and maintain them according to company policy and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. We proactively contact customers, primarily by telephone, in regard to payments to ensure invoice processing and timely payments. It is crucial to plan and prioritize customer calls regularly to maximize collections on the largest open invoices.
- Our Collection software has to be updated at all times with actions and follow-ups taken. Utilizing our partnerships internally we are also facilitating customer query resolution in a timely manner. Attention to detail, compliant routine, accurate reporting of numbers as well as contact maintenance is important to succeed. You will also be responsible for completing the monthly general ledger reconciliations in our external tool.
- Our collaboration with other departments is also a core part of our daily routine as we communicate credit decisions to relevant internal customers. We work closely with the Cash Allocation team to allocate credits on a regular basis in consultation with our customers.
- We are always open to new ideas and see how we can better our processes, in this role you have the opportunity to showcase your talent and bring your ideas to the table. Think big, think with the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) mindset.
- Our team members' strengths also support the training of new employees joining the Order-to-Cash (OtC) Department. Beyond the usual tasks you may expect various and exciting ad hoc responsibilities/tasks to be assigned from time to time by Team Leader.
- Our teams engage with various levels of internal and external customers, and therefore strong communication, negotiation skills and judgment, tact, and diplomacy are all key. The position requires strong problem-solving skills and an open-minded mentality to understand and appreciate our role in the world of Thermo Fisher.
- A proactive approach in contacting customers to follow up on overdue debt is essential, especially on the phone. Organization skills are valuable to ensure the timely completion of a large volume of work.
- Success in this role requires a proven understanding of relevant accounting systems, policies, and procedures as well as system knowledge.