EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency, operating satellites that monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Whilst this is an international organisation with a multinational staff, this role is based in Darmstadt, Germany and would require international applicants to relocate.
It is an exciting time to be working at EUMETSAT. As an organisation we’re operating a fleet of 10 satellites delivering weather and climate-related satellite data and images to our users worldwide; helping protect lives, property and industries. However, you do not need to be an engineer or a scientist to make a positive contribution. Our specialist administrative and support functions play an equally important role in the success of the EUMESAT programmes and are valued members of the EUMETSAT family.
Accounts Payable Assistant
The Finance Division Department coordinates EUMETSAT’s financial planning and budgeting processes, collecting the organisation’s revenue, ensuring the safe-keeping of its funds, executing and accounting for all financial transactions and reporting and advising on financial matters. Within the Accounting Section of the Finance Division, the Accounts Payable Assistant provides support in the area of Accounts Payable under the supervision of the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Checking, scanning and registering of suppliers invoices in the EUMETSAT financial system (SAP);
- Monitor invoices and prepare payment batches at their due date;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reconciliations and reports;
- Respond to ad-hoc internal and external requests and queries;
- Process daily filing of invoices;
- Ensure back-up within the Accounts Payable team during absences;
- Assist in other accounting and administrative matters as required.
Skills and experience
- Proven experience in accounting, especially in the area of Accounts Payable, preferably in public sector accounting;
- Practical experience with the Accounts Payable module of an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, preferably SAP; and with electronic banking;
- A sound knowledge of Excel and Word; Ability to work both independently and in a team, as well as under time pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Fully secondary education with an accounting qualification desirable.
- Excellent salary, of up to Euro 4,000/month NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience
- Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
- Full medical coverage for employee and family
- Attractive pension
- 30 days annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
- Training and development support
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Finance, Accounting
- Financial Assistant
- Business Supporting Centres
- Financial Support
- 1-3 years professional experience
- High school degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem" button underneath.