Howden is a world-class engineering company with a proud heritage and a desire to be the world's leading application engineering company providing solutions for you in air and gas handling. With 6,000 employees in 27 countries we are undergoing a period of significant business growth. Based at our global headquarters near Glasgow, UK, Howden provides high quality air and gas handling products and services to the power, oil & gas, mining and petrochemical industries - just to name a few.
The company’s Shared Service Centre was launched in 2015, located in Budapest. The Howden Global Business Service Centre employs more than 100 people who provide support in finance, IT, business applications and procurement. As we are in a middle of a significant volume and function expansion, Howden offers complex and challenging jobs, great work environment, competitive salary and opportunity to develop and implement promotion and training to work. Innovative and agile, we are looking for talent to grow with us in the following role:
Accounts Payable Accountant
The Big Picture:
As an Accounts Payable Accountant you will take a key role within the Howden share service center accounting activities. Your job will support the subsidiaries’ finance teams, vendors and buyers, as well as the finance management.
The Accounts Payable team counts 25+ employees. Our goal is to create an inspiring work environment (in our brand new office building at Corvin and in your home too, offering 3 home office days a week), in order to enable our employees to achieve best in class results.
What needs to be done?
- Ensure the application of US GAAP and the local statutory requirements over transactions impacting the balance sheet
- Initiate vendor master change or new vendor master
- Create payments and proceed payment runs and checks
- Reconciliation of the relevant accounts payable accounts and intercompany payment transactions
- Preparing monthly reports, forecasts
- Manage query handling and correct errors in the supplier statements
- Tracking and reporting of metrics on the overall accounts payable process
- Participate in process improvement and standardization projects
What do you need to bring?
- Positive attitude focusing on solutions and improvements
- College or university degree preferably in finance/accountancy
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- At least intermediate English
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools
- Understanding of major ERP systems
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand business needs and influence business impact
- Attention to details and accurate data management
What will you get in return?
- Fully end to end responsibility – cover and learn about your role’s entire functionality
- Work-life balance (weekly 3 home office option, extra holidays, flexible working hours apart from the core time)
- A supportive and developing work environment (several training opportunities, team building events, future career perspectives)
- International presence – global project and networking
- The chance to create and contribute in process development (we are in the middle of several standardisation processes and are always open to suggestions/proposals)
- Competitive salary with cafeteria option
- In house language course opportunities paid by Howden
- Finance, Accounting
- Business Supporting Centres
- Financial Support
- 1-3 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
- Home office available
How to apply/ contact information:
Apply via "Jelentkezem" button underneath!