Accounting Team Leader (General Ledger)
Your new company:
A General Ledger Accounting Team Leader position is open at one of the market leading media companies in the world. The company is looking for an experienced GL Accounting people manager, who would like to join and take over a stable, dynamic team of experienced Accountants.
Your new role:
- Supervise, coach and mentor a team of 5-10 professionals
- Prepare performance reviews for the staff supervised
- Act as a first point of contact to the Hub- and Country Controllers and Finance Directors within the regions assigned to the role
- Ensure that all relevant key controls are in place and functioning properly in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations.
- Work with external auditors during quarterly and annual reviews/audits by preparing information requests and addressing inquiries.
- Ensure that the team supervised carries out the following tasks as per the set timeline
- Preparation of standard monthly journal entries including cost and revenue accruals, prepayments
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account roll forwards
- Prepare Financial and Operational Metrics for the areas of responsibility
- Provide accounting support to the Treasury, Procure-to-Pay and Order-to-Cash departments.
- Participate in migration of additional accounting activities, processes to GBS
- Support the Vice President, General Ledger Accounting, International Reporting & Intercompany with inputs for additional service potentials that can develop GBS’s business
What you'll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of relevant Accounting/ Finance experience
- Experience in people management
- Excellent English knowledge
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Accounting/ Finance
- Advantages: (ACCA, CIMA, CPA) Qualified Accountant or equivalent, SAP and MS Office knowledge
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this role, click on the „Jelentkezem” button. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.