A GL Manager position just opened at our prestigious client who is an American multinational technology company that specializes in specialty glass, ceramics, and related materials and technologies including advanced optics, primarily for industrial and scientific applications.
You will have 2 direct reports and a team of 10 professional. You will be responsible to coordinate the team and ensures that the tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- Ensures the delivery of timely, accurate and GAAP compliant accounting transaction execution
- Ensures that tasks are delivered as per the requirements of SLA and SOP, and company policies
- In cooperation with the Operations manager/Deputy Ops Manager tracks and controls department spending and supports budget goals to be achieved.
- Clearly assign responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives to direct reports.
- Manage, coordinate, motivate and coach a team of 10+ professionals
- Strong stakeholder management with Finance Managers, Controllers, Entity Accountants; holding presentations to Global Management
- Develop and implement specific processes that deliver SOX compliance e.g. keep controls documented, employees trained, self-audit program execution, builds quality into operating procedures.
- Develops and tracks operational metrics/objectives with feedback and action plans designed to any address gaps
- Supports service scope expansion or new integration related projects.
- Communicates with Entity (Customer) Accountants and Finance Managers to address questions and issues
- Supporting S4Hana implementation Project
- People Management experience
- Relevant professional experience in General Accounting
- Fluent English and strong communication skills
- Chartered Accountant Certification or University or College degree in Finance/ Accounting or Business Administration
The company can offer a competitive salary, becoming part of a dynamic team, career development opportunities, trainings and a chance to grow professionally in the field of finance within a multinational environment!