MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 45 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading, research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Accounting and Financial Analyst
Are you passionate about driving impact towards goals? Do you enjoy providing solutions for enhancing efficiency and effectiveness of processes? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded? Are you driven to work for an industry-leading, fast-growing Fintech company? Are you a professional with a demonstrated ability to work well in teams and solve problems? If so, opportunities for professional and personal fulfillment in a dynamic, progressive organization await you at MSCI!
MSCI is seeking an ambitious professional to join the Finance organization as Associate of Accounting and financial Analysis. Subscription revenue represents the largest revenue stream at MSCI, at $1.1B+ for fiscal year 2019. This role will be responsible for performing various aspects of the financial and management accounting, analytics and reporting related to Subscription Revenues arising from various contracts with clients. This position will also take an active role in supporting process improvement and transformation initiatives related to revenue accounting and reporting functions. This role will be responsible for supporting a fast-growing global organization through proactively looking for enhancement opportunities to increase efficiency of processes. This position will also support special projects as they arise, including system implementations and developing processes to account for new revenue contracts.
This position will have exciting and unique opportunities to be a key contributor in a high growth and collaborative environment, while continuing to advance his/her career at MSCI’s Finance Controllers organization.
- Collaborate closely with key business partners, for example, Product Finance, Sales, Run Rate Audit, and Billing to deliver critical business initiatives
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities for the broader subscription revenue team
- Operate as a key team member of subscription revenue team with responsibility of the accurate and completeness of revenue recognition
- Perform contract review and ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with MSCI’s policy and revenue recognition standards for multiple revenue streams
- Perform revenue operations, which includes execution of monthly revenue close, variance analysis, reporting, and account reconciliations for revenue and related accounts agreements
- Document procedures and policies governing existing and future revenue accounting processes
- Support audits performed by internal audit, external audit, legal entity, and SOX teams
- Contribute and support special projects as assigned, including finance functional transformation projects
- Minimum 2 years in Accounting or Finance related field
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Public accounting and/or industry accounting experience with multi-national public companies which comply with U.S. GAAP or IFRS
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or actively pursuing a certification
- Public accounting experience with a Big 4 accounting firm
- Strong knowledge in US GAAP, including some experience in ASC 606, preferably in a subscription-based business or technology industry
- Understanding of finance technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain complex accounting concepts in terms understood by team members with non-financial backgrounds
- Experience in process mapping and architecting improvement
- Passion for strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Team player and desire to work effectively with diverse cultures in a global organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
We are open to flexible working environment.
- Finance, Accounting
- Business Supporting Centres
- Financial Support
- 1-3 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
How to apply/ contact information:
Apply via "Jelentkezem" button underneath!