Accountant, Record to Report, GBS
Hydro Global Business Services (GBS) is an organizational area that operates as an internal service provider for the Hydro group. Its ultimate purpose is to deliver relevant IT, financial and HR business services to all business areas within the company.
This position is responsible for operating the general accounting function strictly following the rules of General Procedures and SOPs reflecting the statutory requirements of specific countries based on the Service Level Agreement with the GBS-F customers.
- Opening, settling and closing of General Ledger accounts.
- Perform the adjustment period related activities.
- Monthly closing
- Verification, correction and posting of the accounting batches forwarded by the subsystems (AP; AR; FA; Payroll, Inventory) to the GL.
- Application and usage of GL/FA/PA module software.
- Application of the common Chart of Accounts.
- Entering of the daily exchange rates to certain set of books.
- Works with the consideration of the local fiscal requirements. Shall be aware of the IFRS
- Perform any other occasional and regular tasks in relation to the GL bookkeeping
- Classification of fixed assets, determination of depreciation rules based on Hydro financial policy and location country specific requirements.
- Run depreciation in the different depreciation books.
- Fully comply with the documented policies ensuring full audit compliance
- Correction and reconciliation the daily AR automatic invoice data from the legacy systems to the AR module
- Entering of the manually completed invoices to the AR system
- Matching and maintenances of items of customer’s account on the basis of the instructions received from the European Credit & Collections or the locations
- Provide reports and statistics required by locations.
- Regular reconciliation and check of specified accounts. (Blackline)
- Regular contact and cooperation with the locations.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the Record to Report processes
- 1-3 years of experience in similar field
- Finance and accounting degree
- Chartered Accountant-is an advantage
- Knowledge of finance and accounting
- Fluent English language knowledge
- Italian language knowledge is an advantage
- Working at the world’s only fully integrated aluminum and leading renewable energy company
- Diverse, global teams
- Flexible work environment/home office
- We provide you the freedom to be creative and to learn from experts
- Possibility to grow with the company, gain new certificates
- Attractive benefit package
- Finance, Accounting
- Financial Assistant