Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
Hydro Global Business Services (GBS) is an organizational area that operates as an internal service provider for the Hydro group. Its ultimate purpose is to deliver relevant IT, financial and HR business services to all business areas within the company.
This position is responsible for operating the payment function strictly following the rules of General Procedures and SOPs reflecting also requirements of specific countries, based on the Service Level Agreement with the Hydro Global Shared Services customers.
- Initiate and post daily, weekly vendor payments.
- Handle and follow-up rejected payment.
- Handle compensation, refund, cross payment requests
- Booking of incoming cash for Hydro operating companies.
- Following-up on unapplied cash
- Supporting internal/external audits
- Provide reports and statistics required by locations
- Monthly closing activities
- Cooperation with Credit & Collections, Record to Report, Accounts Payable and with the business unit
- Booking of preferred electronic payment methods like Direct Debit, Draft, RIBA
- Remitting files of preferred electronic payment methods like Direct Debit, Draft, RIBA to the banks.
- Follow-up the miscellaneous payments or receipts
- Reconciliation of the bank statements with general ledger accounts/technical bank accounts
- Contributing to the development and improvement of Payment procedures
- Responsibility for fulfilment of audit requirements on Payment area
- Fluent English language knowledge
- Italian language knowledge is an advantage
- 1-3 years of experience gained in financial areas
- Accounting or finance degree
- Chartered Accountant-is an advantage
- Knowledge of finance and accounting
- Ability to efficiently adapt to changes, problem solving skills
Please apply online in ONE with your CV and optionally a cover letter.