Our partner is one of the television industry's leading content providers, producing and distributing worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, it is home to a thriving global content business, operating 24 wholly-owned or joint venture production companies in 12 countries, as well as linear and digital channels around the world.
About the position
The Finance Accountant role is an integral part of the Finance Team in Budapest. The Finance Accountant will focus on providing accounting services to the business units within the group. She/he will have direct reporting line to the Accounting and Tax Manager / Reporting Manager of Central Europe. Will be working closely with the business departments and finance teams in the different locations.
- Overseeing and supporting accounting for management and statutory accounts, including month end close activity, analysis the result, financial statements preparation coordination, daily finance operation activities in collaboration with external accounting.
- Overseeing and supporting reporting activities for management, including month end close reporting analysis, daily finance operation activities in collaboration with Reporting Manager CE.
- Collaboration with external and internal services provider and review and support in term of accruals and open item management: Accounts Receivables, Prepayments, Fixed Assets, Intangible Assets, Liabilities, Accounts Payable and Taxes.
- Employee cash advance maintenance
- Fixed Assets maintenance, prepare the Annual Fixed Assets counting report, analyses the Quarterly Fixed Assets report, support the write off
- Other Assets maintenance of the other assets clearing accounts
- GRIR report governance of the open items
- 3rd party aging report governance of the open items
- Employee travel expenses - coordination from accounting point of view
- Open PO (review on monthly basis for period end close)
- Prepaid reports (review on monthly basis for period end close)
- To support and handling the AP/AR Balance confirmation and other compensation Collaboration with business and coordination of our SSC related to Accounts Payable WF report governance of the old items, coordination with business department Support booking process if necessary
- Ensure compliance with Group Accounting Policies, US, UK and HU Accounting Standards and SOX requirements
- Supporting review of tax returns. Preparation of the tax analytics and reconciliation Supporting internal and external audits for areas of responsibility
- Supporting various projects
- S2P project (ARIBA) project support to departments
- Other future projects (e.g.: SAP, IFRS implementation)
- Barter project coordination from Finance side
- Administrative tasks to support daily work of Managers (e.g.: PO creation, meeting organization)
- A minimum of 1-3 years finance/accounting experience working for a global multinational company
- Qualifications in Finance & Accounting and proven tax experiences
- Very good written & verbal English communication and presentation skills
- Good time management and ability to work towards various deadlines
- Flexible and problem-solving attitude
- SAP experience preferred, but not required
- Tax experience preferred, but not required
- MS Office literacy
- Organized and deadline driven
What we offer
- Diverse, flexible, enjoyable workplace in the centre of Budapest
- Competitive benefit package
- Young and dynamic team with supportive colleagues
- Learn and grow, gain media experience and knowledge intensively in a fast-changing environment
- Working from home option is available
Budapest, XIII. district