About National Instruments
For over 40 years, National Instruments has worked with engineers and scientists to provide answers to the most challenging questions. Through these pursuits, NI customers have brought hundreds of thousands of products to market, overcome innumerable technological roadblocks, and engineered a better life for us all.
Purpose of the Account Operations Manager Role:
The Account Operations Manager (AOM) is seen as a valued member to National Instrument’s Account Team and is important as it strives to reduce the efforts of NI’s customers by streamlining the engagement path to Sales Operations. AOMs are charged with increasing the efficiency of NI’s Account Operations team which in turn ensures greater customer success and growth enablement by improving overall Sales productivity at NI.
- Leverage product expertise, account support plans, and offerings to develop a differentiated account treatment strategy
- Act as a trusted collaborative partner for both the Seller and assigned customers
- Establish relationships with key customer counterparts (procurement, account payable, buyer, sales account representatives)
- Manage customer’s assets and entitlements
- Identify opportunities and address roadblocks to drive opportunity velocity and operational readiness
- Identify and surface opportunities for continuous improvement throughout the Sales cycle
- Partner with Sellers to streamline the business closing process
- Engage in mentorship and training initiatives to support onboarding and continuing education of peers
- Recommend ad-hoc technical and operational solutions within the scope of CPQ and order fulfillment
- Define and deliver meaningful analytics based on customer care-abouts, evaluation criteria and methodology
- Provide inputs into the quarterly business reviews and score card reviews
- Recommend purchasing and channel options
- Drive escalation and continuous improvement for nonstandard commercial terms and processes
- Opportunity Pipeline Accuracy (Stage, Forecast Category, Close Date, Amount, Overall Status)
- Account support plan delivery including capturing and maintaining procurement insights, account due diligence, account contact matrix, account data management and CRM, customer asset and entitlements
- Deliver operational readiness by accelerating billing
- Timely quote creation and delivery
- Drive awareness in regard to key customer initiatives and care-abouts
- Develop an extended network of key stakeholders to influence processes, policy, and goal planning
- The clear conveyance of business risks, value and impact at company, Sales and customer level
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years in Customer Operations or related work experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical, business, or communications field preferred
- Fluent English and French language competency
- Experience supporting a field sales organization including the use of CRM tools and processes
- Project management experience strongly preferred
- Experience in influencing and persuading others on strategies, processes, policies, standardizations, and prioritizations
- Possess the ability to build and preserve relationships both internally and externally
- Experience working with various geographies and functions
- Exposure to working effectively in an ambiguous environment
- Strong communication skills including the ability to deliver crisp, concise verbal and written updates to various audiences
- Possess an analytical, problem solving, and self-starter mindset
About Us - Why NI?
There are many reasons to consider joining a company. Key among them are the people, the ideas, and the technology. At NI, we believe in the power and potential of connecting the three to create a path to success.
The people: We’re looking for curious and creative problem solvers who value diversity and fresh perspectives, are bold and kind, and willing to take chances.
The ideas: What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you want to program robots? Build flying cars? Leave the world better than you found it? At NI, we build on the big ideas of big dreamers to make their visions a reality.
The technology: With our tailored, software-connected approach, we support our customers through all phases of the product development cycle. From 5G and medical innovations to autonomous driving and the future of space travel, we help our customers Engineer Ambitiously every day.
We’ve long been globally recognized as a top employer. Our compensation and benefits are very competitive, as are our modern workspaces, career development and mobility opportunities, and a culture that fosters belonging and emphasizes community giving. We encourage our teammates to challenge the status quo and collaborate with one another to build innovative solutions.
No matter your career path, we’re here for you, for each other, and for the next generation of innovators who think bigger, aim higher, and go faster.
Are you up for the challenge of helping shape humanity for the next 100 years? If so, let’s get started, and let’s Engineer Ambitiously together.