3D CAD Design Engineer (Wiring and Harness Design)
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
You will be part of a team of Electrical Distribution Systems (Wiring) for new vehicles.
- Design harnesses (wiring and connectors) in 3D CAD using Catia (V6)
- Understanding and fulfilling all relevant geometric requirements of the harness design and installation (clearances, bend radius, etc.)
- Resolving geometric issues when raised or identified.
- Working with the wider EDS team to integrate electrical, attribute and mechanical data into design as required.
- Validating or checking the geometric compliance of the designs
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
As well as having passion for our world class products, you have:
- Harness (wiring and connectors) related experience and Engineering degree
- Experience in 3D CAD and in Catia (V6)
- Understanding Electrical Distribution System and requirements of the harness design (e.g. geometric installation, clearance, bend, radius, etc.)
- Fluent English knowledge
- Good communication skills
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career working with a world-class team in state-of-the-art facilities. We offer a competetive salary and a performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
- Manufacturing, Production
- Product Development, Design
- CAD designer, Draftsperson
- Electrical Engineer
- 3-5 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time