2D Drawing Engineer (Wiring and Harness Design)
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
You will be part of a team developing Jaguar Land Rover Electrical Distribution System (Wiring) in collaboration with the 2D drawing team in the UK and the numerous system and component teams across JLR.
- Taking inputs from 3D CAD, Logical schematics and product definition to created integrated wiring drawings for suppliers to use for manufacturing preparation.
- Managing design changes within controlled process
- Supporting the development of the component BOM and database.
- Supporting the development of design rules and processes.
- Interfacing and collaborating across functions, countries and working with suppliers.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
As well as having passion for our world class products, you have
- Knowledge of wiring design and 2D drawing requirements.
- Experience in automotive industry and Engineering degree
- Experience of design for harness manufacturing for volume production
- Fluent English knowledge
- Experience with Siemens Capital XC
- Attention to details and logical mindset
- Clear communication skills
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career working with a world-class team in state-of-the-art facilities. We offer a competetive salary and a performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
- Manufacturing, Production
- Product Development, Design
- CAD designer, Draftsperson
- Electrical Engineer
- 3-5 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time